Join Michelle Cartier, RYT Yoga teacher and MBSR trained facilitator, on a journey of mindfulness and renewal at the McCabe Renewal Center in Duluth. Grounded in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and a location that nurtures your entire being, this day retreat will aim to quiet the noise and allow you to reset and recharge. Most of this retreat will be held in silence for the participants to allow for a deeper, richer, internal experience. A silent retreat will take the energy you usually devote to outer communication and interaction with others and channel it inward.
Mindfulness Day Wayfinder Yoga Retreat
at McCabe Renewal Center
Saturday, May 21st
10:00a - 3:30p
Throughout the day on our silent retreat, we will use experiences that are suitable for everyone to guide present moment awareness including...
• MEDITATIONS to ground you in the present moment, including guided, walking, and eating meditations. Usually, when we walk, we are doing so with a clear destination and our mind is already 10 steps in front of us. By using experiences that we already have every day such as walking and eating, but in a deliberate and mindful way, they can then become anchored in our awareness, offering new appreciations and insights.
• MINDFUL MOVEMENT suitable for everyone. Movement in MBSR is simply a way to practice meditation in motion. Movements are slow, deliberate, and with an emphasis on “being” rather than “doing.”
• JOURNALING + REFLECTION. The backdrop of a nurturing location at McCabe, along with the experiences of the day might allow for deeper insights to surface. Time will be offered throughout the day to explore and awaken potential reflections.
What To Bring
• Wear comfortable clothing
• Jacket/outerwear, weather
dependent walking meditation
will be outside
• A packed lunch
• Yoga mat (one will be provided
• Meditation cushion or pillow
• Blanket/shawl if desired
• Water bottle
Meet Your Retreat Guide
Michelle Cartier has always held a strong belief that optimal health and wellness are achieved when the mind and body are treated and supported as one. She feels grateful to be a lifelong student of the practice of yoga and mindfulness, and for the opportunity to share that passion with others. Michelle holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Exercise Physiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation from the College of St. Scholastica. She is an E-RYT 200-hour from the Yoga of Center of Minneapolis and holds specialty training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction from the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, rounding out her passion for the mind-body connection.
Retreat Wellness Covid Policy
Runa Yoga has put specific Covid Wellness protocols into place for your safety. Be sure to read our policy by clicking the button below.
Thank you for helping keep our community safe!
Have any questions about our Mindfulness Day Wayfinder Retreat? Reach out to us here!